Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Staying organized with twins

What are the best ways to stay organized with twins? Here are some of the things I have learned as a working mother of multiples.

1. I do all the boys laundry together. I do not mix their clothes with anyone else's.

2. I bought a daily clothes organizer that is labeled with each day of the week on it. It hangs with velcro on the clothing bar in the closet. Every Sunday, I put their clothes in their for the week. I also set out play clothes for the week so they can learn, the days of the week, how to dress themselves, and how to clean up their own laundry when they change clothes.

3. I pack all sporting event bags on Sunday. Since we play baseball and soccer at the same time and it gets very hectic, on Sunday, I put all the cleats, balls, pads, hats, uniforms, shin guards, etc. in the appropriate bag and leave it in the closet ready to go. All I have to do, is add a cold water bottle on the way out the door.

4. I put a small shelf in their closet with 3 levels on it. It is small enough for shirts to hang over it so you don't lose hanging space. I put play shoes on the top level with bedroom slippers, school shoes on level 2, and bath towels, wash rags, desitin, powder, lotion, and a basket with belts, ties, etc. in it. This way they boys know everything has a place and everything goes back in its place when they are done. It teaches them responsibility and respect for their stuff.

5. I have two large Rubbermaid containers in the garage. One has everything pertaining to a ball in it. The other is full of guns, cars, swords, etc.

I have maintained the same system with my twins since they were babies. This has shown them that everything has a place. I feel that this has taught them how to pick up after themselves, respect their toys, and take responsibility for their messes.

No comments:

Post a Comment