Thursday, May 21, 2009

how to lose the baby weight!!!

When I got pregnant I was a size 2 and weighed 118 pounds. The day I gave birth to the boys I weighed in at an astonishing 222 pounds. Yes, folks, your math is correct, I gained 104 pounds during my pregnancy. I had so many friends that took their pre-pregnancy jeans to the hospital and actually wore them home after giving birth. Wishful thinking....I did the same. Not a chance. I had to wear the same ugly, elastic waistband pants home that I wore to the hospital. When I got home I made a decision to get that weight off as soon as possible.
I bought a double jogging stroller and away we went. I walked our subdivision daily, sometimes 3-4 times a day. I never joined a gym or bought any crazy pills or workout videos. I watched what I ate, and immediately got moving. I also bought a pull behind trailer at Target for my bike. It seats two kids. I pulled the boys all around for miles at a time. Fortunately, I was 26 when I gave birth, so my metabolism was on my side, unlike these days.
My best suggestion for getting back to your pre-pregnancy weight, is to not wait! The longer you wait to do it, the harder it will be and the bigger you will be. I also found that exercising made me have so much more energy. My mother kept telling me to sleep when the boys slept. I couldn't do it, I wanted to put them in the stroller while they slept and walk and exercise and get my blood moving again. Once you get started, it will be easy. Getting up and moving is the hardest part. Make losing the weight a contest with yourself. Make a chart of your goal for the week and month, reward yourself accordingly with some ice cream or a candy bar.
I am proud to say, it took me 11 weeks to lose the 100 pounds I had gained. No fad diet, no miracle pill, just pure walking, biking, and watching what I ate. Good Luck!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment