Saturday, May 23, 2009

Helpful home remedies

Over the years, I have come across some helpful home remedies for illnesses and household chores.

For a fever, take a cotton ball, dip it in rubbing alcohol and rub the bottom of the child's feet with the cotton ball. This will break a fever fairly quickly without using any medication. I have done this several times to break fevers.

To help a stomachache, melt a peppermint candy in water. Put the mixture in a bottle or sippy cup and have the child drink it. This will relieve gas pains, air, and hard stomachs. I started using this on the boys when they were 10 months old.

Do you have that dirty, musty smell coming from your dishwasher? Put the setting on the hottest your dishwasher will allow. Run the dishwasher through a full cycle while it is empty. Fill both detergent dispensers with either pure bleach, lemon juice, vinegar, or baking soda. Any of these will take that nasty smell away. I do this once a week to prevent the smell from coming back. I prefer the bleach because it makes my whole house smell very clean.

For some reason when my twins were a couple weeks old they would nap in there baby swings. The only way they would fall asleep is if i turned the vacuum cleaner on and left it running. I would park the vacuum in the corner and let it run while they slept. The noise of the vacuum resembles the sounds they hear in the womb.

No comments:

Post a Comment